Pioneer in autonomizing industrial operations, Quantillion revolutionizes the way equipment and operators work together and the way workflows are optimized.
Quantillion’s software helps to autonomize core operations by connecting all separate workflows and agents, both humans and machines, into one easy-to-use use user interface, with one layer of business logic and artificial intelligence, for precise control and process management.
For the past 4 years, Quantillion has developed and deployed autonomous decision solutions using Artificial Intelligence and Robust Planning. Integrating it with our client’s business operations and IT, we create more profitable, more resilient and responsive operations.
Proud to be working with multiple equipment suppliers, we see ourselves as an integration partner in an international industrial sector. Headquartered in Amsterdam, our highly skilled and passionate people make sure to drive industry forward by putting data to work!
We are looking for a highly motivated artificial intelligence / machine learning engineer with hands-on experience in artificial intelligence and especially in machine learning.
Beyond excellent technical skills, we are looking for the right attitude: ambition, creativity, open-mindedness and perseverance.
In the role of AI / ML Engineer, you will develop Quantillion’s proprietary learning algorithms that are being used in our Autonomous Decision-making systems for optimizing client processes. Together with a highly skilled development team, clients, and our partners you will build the new industry standard through combining new technologies with in-depth market knowledge.
Your future responsibilities:
- Designing both data-heavy and data-lean learning solutions that aids in solving our clients challenges
- Actually developing, coding, and testing the mission-critical learning algorithms
- Supporting our development team to implement successful algorithms
- Researching new AI techniques / solutions for future solutions
- Improving and safe-guarding the full learning architecture and data pipeline that is necessary to build learning solutions
- Supporting business/product development with insights and ideas
There is no typical profile at Quantillion, we all come from different backgrounds and that is what makes us strong!
Don’t hesitate to apply if you are motivated and believe you would be a great addition to our team!
We are looking for:
- Strong experience (3 years or more) with the complete implementation of full-fletched machine learning and/or other AI solutions
- Background in or demonstrable affinity with a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, physics, econometrics, operations research)
- Someone who is not afraid to wrangle with (un)structured data
- Being familiar with applying the scientific way of thinking (with an interest in the combined application of AI / ML / Operations Research technologies to solve real-world problems). That is, iterating over potential solutions, developing hypotheses from ideas, testing these hypotheses by means of prototyping, etc
- Hands-on experience with the full development of (multi-agent) reinforcement learning systems (i.e. designing the RL framework, build environments, develop (multi-)agent entities, implement (deep) RL algorithms for policy optimization and extract insights from learned policies and value functions)
- Basic knowledge of the (logistical) problems the field of operations research tries to solve
- Having a feeling for software engineering practices (basic idea of common algorithms and data structures)
- Comfortable in working with databases (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with a general-purpose programming language (preferably Python), data wrangling libraries (e.g. NumPy, pandas, etc.), machine / deep learning packages (e.g. SciPy/scikit-learn, TensorFlow and/or Keras, Gym, etc.) and source version control (Git/Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with multicultural work environments and positive attitude towards start-up culture
- Drive and understanding of own value and contribution to the team, culture and solutions
- Ability to work with a team of both technical as well as non-technical people on solving problems
- Adaptability to the quickly moving and changing environment that Quantillion is
- Willingness to visit clients both at home (Europe) as well as abroad (e.g. North America, Asia)
- Eagerness to learn continuously as well as to share knowledge with the rest of our team
- Ability to speak up when necessary and ensure that the best idea always wins
- And most of all — eagerness to work together with some of the smartest minds in the industry on solving the challenges of tomorrow
- Additional years of experience in (software) development or related fields
- Knowledge and interest about the heavy industry
- Familiarity with building learning solutions related to logistics and/or energy management.
- A chance to really make an impact in one of the defining shifts of our time
- An opportunity to work on the intersection of artificial intelligence and heavy industry
- A playful environment with a multicultural and multinational fun team
- Space and time to truly dedicate yourself to incredibly difficult challenges to solve
- Secondary perks, such as lunch, public transport and drinks
- Send us your motivation letter and CV
- 45 minutes call with the Recruitment Team
- After passing the first round, you will be invited for a technical challenge
- 1 hour meeting with Hilbrand (CEO of Quantillion)
We will give you an answer 7 days after your interview (even if the answer is negative, it is good to have constructive feedback).
Any further questions?