Data Scientist (Junior – Medior)
Do you think you can reshape the heavy industry of tomorrow with massive amounts of data and your quantitative skills? Do you have what it takes to make the worldwide heavy industry safer, environmental friendlier and more efficient, all at the same time with data? Are you interested in building AI-based autonomous decision-making systems and data hungry solutions from the ground up that solves the business challenges of industrial clients? If so, then this role is for you!
Quantillion is looking for a motivated data scientist with hands-on experience who will develop both data-intensive as well as data-lean quantitative models for logistics and process automation. Your (business) insights, models and solutions will be implemented in plants to optimize their operations. Together with a highly skilled development team, clients, and our partners you will build the new industry standard combining new technologies and in-depth market knowledge.
Quantillion builds state-of-the-art software for the heavy industry. We focus on designing, developing, and deploying integrated solutions that jointly optimize our client’s logistical, energy management, and communication processes. In this way, optimization is defined in the broadest sense of the word: we want to make industrial plants a better place for workers, more valuable for owners, and friendlier to the environment. We work and partner with leading companies worldwide in creating autonomous decision systems.
We are really passionate about defining and building applications that solve mission-critical challenges which our clients face now and will face in the future. We have proved and thus firmly believe that data science and AI are the primary tools that are able to tackle the current and future complexities our clients have to overcome.
We are a no bullshit company that believes in teamwork, thinking outside of the box and making sure the best idea wins.
We are looking for a highly motivated data scientist who is able to define what (business) challenges our heavy industry clients face now and in the future and who is simultaneously able to design, test and develop data-intensive, as well as data-lean, quantitative solutions for these challenges. Together with the development team, you will implement your insights and solutions to help create autonomous decision-making systems for optimizing processes, increasing output and decreasing the clients environmental footprint.
Beyond excellent technical skills, we are looking for the right attitude: ambition, creativity, open-mindedness and perseverance.
Highlighting strong values such as innovation, excellence and team spirit, Quantillion’s team keeps pushing boundaries to invent the future of Autonomous Decision solutions.
Your future responsibilities:
- Gathering information from our clients to help formulate their challenges.
- Gathering and analyzing client data regarding their logistical behavior, their energy consumption, and their environmental footprint.
- Designing both data-heavy and data-lean quantitative solutions that aids in solving our clients’ challenges.
- Actually developing, coding, and testing the mission-critical solutions and algorithms.
- Supporting our development team to implement successful solutions in our proprietary software.
- Giving simultaneous support with insights and ideas to both the business development team as well as the product development team.
- Researching new machine/deep learning, data science, and/or econometrics techniques / tools to be implemented in our future solutions.
- Improving and safe-guarding the full quantitative method architecture and data pipeline that is necessary to build quantitative solutions.
There is no typical profile at Quantillion, we all come from different backgrounds and that is what makes us strong!
Don’t hesitate to apply if you are motivated and believe you would be a great addition to our team!
We are looking for:
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience in formulating, designing, and building quantitative solutions based on either data science, machine learning, AI, econometrics and/or some other quantitative modelling and analysis practice.
- Background in or demonstrable affinity with a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, physics, econometrics, operations research).
- Someone who is not afraid to wrangle with (un)structured data.
- Being familiar with applying the scientific way of thinking. That is, iterating over potential solutions for clients, developing hypotheses from ideas, testing these hypotheses by means of prototyping, etc.
- Having a feeling for software engineering practices (basic idea of common algorithms and data structures).
- Comfortable in working with relational as well as non-relational database management systems (e.g. SQL-like DBMS, MongoDB).
- Experience with a general-purpose programming language (R or preferably Python), data wrangling libraries (e.g. NumPy, pandas, etc.) and data science / machine learning packages (e.g. SciPy/scikit-learn, TensorFlow and/or Keras, etc).
- Someone who has an eye for / is interested in business (especially heavy industry) and who can simultaneously define client challenges and propose (quantitative-based) solutions for those challenges.
- Someone who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary team of both technical as well as non-technical people on solving problems.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Familiarity with multicultural work environments, comfortable with the start-up culture.
- Who makes sure that the best idea always wins and isn’t afraid to speak up if necessary.
- Resilient, good communications and wants to excel.
- (Basic) Knowledge of software development
- Interest in the heavy industry.
- Knowledge of motion planning and motion control (Robotics)
- Basic knowledge of the (logistical) problems the field of operations research tries to solve.
If after all of this you’re interested in applying to Quantillion, these are the proceeding steps:
- Send us your motivation and CV
- CV screening
- Meet and greet
- Technical interview / technical challenge
Any further questions?
Quantillion builds technology for primary metals industry that let every worker, every machine and every plant use data to continuously and autonomously improve safety, quality and output.
If you are interested in what our Industrial AI platform can mean for your organization, we are here to help.