Full Stack Developer (Senior)
As Full Stack Developer at Quantillion, you shape what the future of our industry looks like. You enable new technology to be at the foundations of our customers’ core processes, making their plants a safer and more sustainable place.
Who is Quantillion?
Ownership and positivity are the keywords in our company. We’re truly passionate about building software and artificial intelligence that solves mission-critical challenges under extreme conditions. We partner worldwide with leading companies in the heavy industry (e.g. primary metals, mining and maritime) by creating autonomous decision systems (tailored to their needs). This is who we are: a direct and honest team, always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you are ready for that and want to join an international company with a mission, keep on reading.
Quantillion is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer who, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, has the ambition to bring Quantillion to the next level by pushing the boundaries of customer experience and our technology. You help our customers to understand and control their factories at their fingertips. As a full-stack developer of the team, you will take ownership of the codebase and bring your vision to the way we iterate on it and grow it. But that’s not all! At least as important to us are your essential skills and wanting to improve them with your team.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty.
We’re all about doing. Our technology is used to continuously and autonomously drive improvements. That is because we believe that by closing the loop between (autonomous) machines, operators and core processes we can create safer, better working environments so that industries can focus on their core strengths — inventing and producing products that bring the world forward.
We are looking for a passionate team player…
- who has over 5 years of experience working as a back-end or full stack developer
- who has experience with Agile / scrum methodology
- who has experience in designing client-side and server-side architecture
- who has knowledge of at least one high level back-end language (we prefer Python or Node.js)
- who has familiarity with SQL databases and a basic understanding of web servers
- who has broad knowledge of software engineering and best practices such as testing, documentation and code reviews
- who has as experience with a code version control system (such as git/bitbucket, etc.)
- who enjoys working with a team of both technical as well as non-technical people on solving problems
- who writes and values clean, maintainable and version-controlled code that is scalable, reliable and reusable
- who is comfortable with the quickly moving and changing environment that Quantillion and is comfortable to visit clients both at home (the Netherlands) as well as abroad (e.g. North America, Asia)
- who is eager to learn continuously as well as to share knowledge with the rest of our team
- who makes sure that the best idea always wins and isn’t afraid to speak up when necessary
- and who — most of all — likes to have a lot of fun in working together with some of the smartest minds in the industry on solving the challenges of tomorrow
Bonus points if you also…
- are familiar with one or more middle or low level languages (C, C++, assembler, etc.)
- have experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoD B, Neo4j and Elasticsearch
We would like to make you an offer you cannot resist…
- a chance to really make an impact in one of the defining shifts of our time
- the opportunity to work on the intersection of artificial intelligence and heavy industry
- a chance to discover the world, during our frequent international projects and travels
- a playful environment with a multicultural and multinational fun team
- space and time to truly dedicate yourself to incredibly difficult challenges to solve
- secondary conditions, such as a diverse fresh lunch every day and public transport
If after all of this you’re still interested in applying to Quantillion — let’s face it, you probably are — you can expect three rounds in our application procedure, each with a go/no-go moment.
- CV screening
- Meet and greet
- Technical interview / technical challenge
Any further questions?
Quantillion builds technology for primary metals industry that let every worker, every machine and every plant use data to continuously and autonomously improve safety, quality and output.
If you are interested in what our Industrial AI platform can mean for your organization, we are here to help.